Terms and Conditions / Record Grading
*As a registered business trader I aim to be abide by the Distance Selling Regulations (2000) at all times.
* Postal insurance is included in post & packaging charges.
* Registered / enhanced postage (including Ist Class) is available at checkout or on request.
* You will receive an email from me when your goods have been dispatched. You will also receive a confirmation email at the time of order where appropriate.
* I aim to dispatch all items within 1 business day after receiving cleared payment.
* Mail requiring re-delivery will be at the buyer’s expense.
*Returns are accepted in original as-sold condition. Please contact me within 7 days of receipt. New music items are not necessarily refundable where a seal has been broken.
* Return postage is at the buyer’s expense unless the item is faulty, however NO administration or re-stocking charges will be made.
* For any item lost or damaged in the post I will need to initiate a claim and enquiry with the Royal Mail before refunding.
* Proof of postage is obtained from the Post Office and a photo of the receipt is available from me.
* Orders can be cancelled prior to dispatch if necessary.
* If you have any complaints, concerns, questions or comments please contact me.
Record Grading Guide
NEAR - MINT
The record is close to perfect, without actually being new. Surface noise will be only that inevitably associated with any vinyl reproduction.
EXCELLENT PLUS (EX+)
The record has signs of being played, but any slight superficial or 'paper' marks on the vinyl will be inaudible
The cover and any inserts would be undamaged.
The record will play without clicks, although there may be inaudible surface marking to the vinyl.
The cover and any inserts may have slight normal wear.
EXCELLENT MINUS (EX-)
Any damage is confined to light surface marking. There will probably be some slight surface noise .
The cover and any inserts may show very light creasing, browning or "foxing" due to dampness but they are all present and intact. The label will have signs of general wear & spindle wear, but not writing unless noted.
VERY GOOD PLUS (VG+)
The record shows signs of use, but displays no noticeable deterioration in sound quality despite quite visible surface marks and possibly some light scratches.
The cover may be lightly creased or show minor ringwear.
Still a decent playable record but has obviously been played a lot, but displays no major deterioration in sound quality despite surface marks and some light scratches.
The cover may be creased a little, show light ringwear and edge or spine damage.
The record has been played so much that the sound quality has been affected noticeably, perhaps with some distortion and clicks due to scratches.
The cover and inserts may be folded, have minor tears and/or splits at the edges, they have not been looked after.
Anything less than 'Good' is normally not listed for sale, though I may offer rare items that are in a condition below this standard.
Please note that Jamaican pressings are especially prone to be of lesser quality than those of European or USA manufacture (although this will also be noted in descriptions).
Please remember that record grading is a matter of opinion, and while I play-test all used music, mistakes on my part do happen - if you are unhappy with a grading get in touch with me regarding a refund.